Saturday, June 30, 2007

Who Am I ?

I’ve always enjoyed divulging advice on just about any topic to anyone willing to listen; anything from picking the color of a car, the right major, or even a restaurant to eat at. Like most people that enjoy giving advice, they probably could use some themselves. Reflecting on my college career, there is definitely advice I could have used. Back then I was an engineering student straddling the line between failure and confusion. My sub par performance placed me on academic probation twice and academic dismissal once. I faced academic advisors that wanted me to leave the college and parents I couldn’t even get myself to face. At the lowest point of my college career I was seeking advice that was no where to be found.

With some determination I was able to bounce back and achieve some significant goals I never imagined possible: three internships, two publications, and a job secured before graduating as an engineer. For those of you who are reading this and are in the same position I was - in academic trouble and worried about your future, trust me I can relate. Though I am nearing the completion of my first year of work, I wouldn’t want anyone else to make this journey without some guidance and advice.

I believe it is possible for anyone to be successful in college and transition well into the real world. That is what redsprouts is, a place for everyone regardless of where you are in your college career to get the advice and guidance to be successful.

No comments: